The Bearded Blog - Santa Claus, Indiana
Preparing for the three-weekend Santa Claus Christmas Celebration calls for a lot of help.
During a planning session, Dee McCauley took it upon herself to arrange a group of volunteers to serve as ambassadors for the area.
“Info Elves,” as we like to call them.
“Being an Info Elf gives me the pleasure of introducing my community to visitors from all over the country. People are always friendly and appreciative of the information we give them,” Dee says. “It also provides me the opportunity to give back to my community, while doing something fun and meeting interesting folks.”
Volunteers answer questions and hand out information during the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration.
Dee says, “Santa Claus, Indiana, is a very special place and I am glad that I am able to share the Christmas spirit of the town with others.”
A very special reminder from Santa:
Make this Christmas memorable by spending time with your family at the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration. Experience the excitement of roasting chestnuts on an open fire, viewing spectacular light displays, and much more.
It all takes place during the first three weekends of December; start planning your getaway here.
This post is updated from “10 Things to Know about the Santa Claus Christmas Parade” from December 10, 2014.
Helpful hints for attending the Santa Claus Christmas Parade.
- The Santa Claus Christmas Parade starts at 1:00 pm CST on Saturday, December 12, and lasts about one hour.
- The parade route begins at the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari main parking lot and travels past Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, and through Kringle Place Shopping Center before returning to the starting point. Download a town map here.
- Bring a warm jacket, gloves, and a hat to stay nice and toasty.
- Secure a parking spot and a prime view of all the action early. If you don’t feel like standing, bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
- Hungry? Brick Oven Pizza and Subway are within walking distance in Kringle Place Shopping Center.
- Bring a bag to collect all that candy!
- St. Nicholas Catholic Church (located across the road from Kringle Place Shopping Center) invites parade-goers to stop by for free hot chocolate once the parade concludes.
- Want to enter a float in the parade? Download a form here.
- Share your parade pics with using #SantaClausIndiana.
- Questions? Call the Visitors Bureau at (888) 444-9252, visit SantaClausInd.org, or visit our office located in Kringle Place Shopping Center next to the Santa Claus Christmas Store.